- how a Television News Reader In Sydney started her expat adventure and moved to rural China with her husband and a small daughter,
- Nicole's challenges while living as an expat mum in China, - Best ways to overcome cross-cultural misunderstandings and adapt well to a completely different culture,
- importance of building meaningful friendships and don't feel isolated,
- finding fulfilment, passion and purpose as an expat partner,
- how Nicole found her idea to write a book,
- and much more!
Listen to the interview and share your thoughts with us? Maybe you're living or lived in China, if yes, what is/was your experience? Share in the comments.
You can also watch the episode here: https://youtu.be/cNyFTeJZwuk
Hailing from the land of the long white cloud, New Zealand, Nicole moved to Australia as a teenager with her family. There she went on to pursue her dream of becoming a television journalist and newsreader.
After a decade at Sky News doing just that -- with her husband, James, in 5 Star hotels, he, Nicole (and baby bump) decided to do something akin to Carpe Diem.
A few deep breaths later the couple found themselves in the city that never sleeps, Hong Kong where the trio, which now included blondie Ava, survived and thrived for four years before moving to Xi’an, China, where they lived for 2.5 years.
Nicole, James and Ava are now back in Sydney (for the time being) where she continues to work as Journalist, Writer and Speaker.
Connect with Nicole:
Did you like this interview? If yes please leave share it with your friends.
Not sure what to do next in your career? Get your FREE 3-day e – career coaching programme and clarify your career goals in 3 days. Start your career change today! Clarify your career goals and elaborate your action plan to achieve them. Click here: https://dmcoaching.eu/